The Association of Jewish Family & Children’s Agencies connects member human service agencies to strengthen their community impact and unify the voice of the network. Together, we identify and promote best practices, build visibility around human service issues, and advocate for policies that are consistent with our Jewish values.
We envision resilient families and stronger communities empowered by our member agencies which have developed the leadership and assets needed to serve with wisdom and compassion in the 21st century.
We are grounded in fundamental Jewish values, especially:
- Tzedakah - the obligation of the Jewish community to create justice in the world
- Tikkun Olam - the collective obligation to work toward making the world right and whole
- B'tzelem Elohim - treating others with the inherent dignity that arises from the belief that all human beings were created in the image of God
- Derech Eretz - the code of mutual respect and responsibility that guides our daily actions following the traditions of generation of Jews before us
- Chesed - compassion and caring for others
- G'Melut Chasadim - acts of kindness and assistance toward others
- Amcha - our sense of Jewish peoplehood that connects one generation to the next
- Shleimut - the pursuit of wholeness through honorable actions